Metro Retail Stores Group, Inc. Privacy Statement
We understand the importance of protecting your personal information and we are committed to ensuring the privacy and security of our customers’ data. This statement outlines our policies and practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information when you use our website. We strive to provide transparency in how we handle your information and adhere to applicable privacy laws and regulations. Please take the time to review our Privacy Statement to understand how we safeguard your information and provide you with a secure shopping experience.
As a visitor to our shopmetro.ph, you hereby consent to the collection and processing by Metro Retail Stores Group, Inc. (MRSGI), its affiliates, subsidiaries, related parties, and agents of your:
- Personal Data (including but not limited to: name, email address, mobile number, landline, and home address)
- Personal Information
- Sensitive Personal Information
(all as defined under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its implementing rules and regulations) as disclosed by you when you create and register an account (“my online account”) for you to access and use the Metro Online Shopping Portal aka shopmetro.ph. You hereby confirm that all information and data given by you herein pertaining to your online account are true and correct. You hereby authorize MRSGI, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related parties, and agents to verify and investigate such disclosed information and data from whatever sources that they may consider appropriate.
Use & Sharing of Information
Specifically, you hereby authorize MRSGI, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related parties, and agents to collect, use, and process such disclosed information and data:
- To register your online account and fulfill your purchase/s in the Metro Online Shopping Portal;
- To notify and update you of your online account status, including complimentary, commercial, and promotional advertisements, loyalty and reward offers, exclusive invites, discounts, surveys, and other marketing and promotional offers that MRSGI, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related parties, and agents may deem relevant and beneficial to their customers;
- To conduct data analyses, research, demographics, surveys, and customer relationship management;
- To comply with the legal and regulatory requirements of the government; and
- For any other purpose/s in connection with the foregoing and/or related to my purchase/s in the Metro Online Shopping Portal.
Request Data Deletion
You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data by filling up the form located at My Account > Account Deactivation. We may reach out to you via e-mail or phone within 3 business days of submitting the request. It may take up to 30 days from the beginning of the deletion process to properly delete your account and personal data associated with it.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about our privacy statement. Should you have any questions, or would like to request that your data be deleted from our system, please fill up the Delete Account request in the My Account section of shopmetro.ph
Declaration and Authorization
I have read and understood MRSGI’s E-Commerce Sales Platforms Terms and Conditions. I shall indemnify and hold MRSGI, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related parties, and agents free and harmless from any and all complaints, suits, actions, or damages which any party may file or claim in relation to the execution of this Consent Statement and/or violation of the MRSGI E-Commerce Sales Platforms Terms and Conditions.
I certify that I have read, completely understood, and consent to all of the foregoing.
By proceeding with my online account creation, I hereby agree with this Consent Statement.